Surprise --- another reveal!! Yes, Stephanie over at Loft Creations has been busy designing, and I've been busy pattern testing as one of her Supreme's!! The newest quilt of Stephanie's is called String Beans!
As I've mentioned in prior posts, I'm able to choose any fabric I want when testing for Stephanie! When I saw her prototype, I immediately thought of my
huge modest Halloween stash!
I can't tell you how much fun I had making this quilt! (Actually I have fun making all of Stephanie's quilts!) I loved every minute of
pawing sorting through my Halloween fabrics choosing which ones I would use!
I did my best to fussy cut directional prints and also mixing and matching my favorites! Until I began collecting Civil War fabrics, this was the only fabric I bought on a consistent basis over the years. Needless to say I have lots left to make other quilts! I happened to have a pantograph of pumpkins and vines which I think worked perfectly! I was also pretty nervous about using black thread to quilt, but am very pleased with the results!
Here is a better look at the quilting. When it came time to make the binding I realized I was a tad short of the sashing print that I wanted to use. I put out a call to see if anyone had any of the print and would be willing to "loan" me some! My friend Julie over at Me and My Stitches came through! Thanks again, Julie!
Don't forget to go and see Stephanie's String Beans!