For the most part, I had most of what would work. The only thing I lacked was a narrower trim for the neck and hem of Bitty's dress (I didn't have enough of the pretty green trim on the cuffs), and smaller buttons. Nevertheless, it was all about pattern correctness, so even if she's a little "shabby" I managed to finish her and get my input to Anne! I can't remember what I used the dress fabric in, but the green linen was left over from one of my Supreme tests for Stephanie! The twine for Bitty's tale came directly out of my garden tool carrier - I think I last used some of it late this summer to tie tomato branches! This was a lot of fun!
Today I finally got to attaching the binding to my Christmas tree skirt! Since I had quite a lot of bias binding and octagonal corners, not to mention the cut-out circle for the tree, I wanted to make sure the tail of the binding didn't get bunched up or caught under my chair as I was sewing it on. So, I gave it some thought and wound up with a fix! I wrapped the binding around an empty bathroom tissue roll, then popped it over my table lamp and angled the lamp so the roll wouldn't slide off. Worked * like * a * charm!! Now that's what I call Sweet Ingenuity!
We've had one snowstorm after another the past couple of weeks. A tiny bit might melt, then another blast comes along! This was our patio right before Thanksgiving. I measured 6 inches on top of the table, and we've had more come and go since then! We wanted to be retired in a place that had real seasons, and so far we're right on the money!!